LACTLD is a nonprofit association created on August 20, 1998 in Buenos Aires – Argentina, during the International Forum on the White Paper (IFWP). This organization was conceived with the aim of bringing together the ccTLDs in Latin America and the Caribbean with the following objectives:
- Coordinate policies and promote strategies for the development of domain names in the region.
- Represent its members’ interests in different associations and international/regional forums.
- Promote the development of ccTLDs in the region.
- Foster cooperation and exchange among its members to guarantee stability in the operations of ccTLDs.
- Establish cooperation ties with analogous associations in the different regions.
Any Latin American and Caribbean ccTLD may become a LACTLD associate member, subject to the Board’s approval, by presenting a formal written request and accepting LACTLD’s bylaws. Any ccTLD outside the Latin American and Caribbean region, as well as any gTLD, with particular ties with the region may become an affiliate member, subject to the Board’s approval, by presenting a formal written request and accepting LACTLD’s bylaws. For more information, please contact us at:email@example.com
LACTLD in action
To represent the identity of ccTLDs in Latin America and the Caribbean.
To represent the interests of ccTLDs in the Latin American and the Caribbean; to promote information exchange and the adoption of best practices amongst its members; to establish cooperation ties with other associations and to disseminate relevant information.
General Manager: Carolina Aguerre Information Officer: Sofía Zerbino